This position is for a full-time (40 hours) assistant store manager. The ideal candidate is expected to be available any time during store hours. Schedule will be fixed, but candidate must be available if needed during normal store hours. Availability for special events is a MUST.
Are you a hard-working people person? Would you love to sell comic books, pop culture and games? Then join our team!
This listing is for a full-time assistant store manager at Wonderland Comics! The ideal candidate must have strong customer service skills, management experience, knowledge of inventory management systems and e-commerce platforms, and a vast knowledge on comics, all varieties of games (table top, CCG, RPG’s, video games, etc…), pop culture, movies and other relevant areas. As a Wonderland Comics assistant store manager, you will be expected to interface with customers, manage stock inventory, update the store’s e-commerce platforms, manage online orders, assist with in-store events, and other tasks as needed.
The job requires ability to handle and count money through processing sales, responsibility for opening and closing the register, counting the change bag, managing and shipping online orders, and other tasks that involve sensitive customer and business information.
Additionally, the assistant store manager may be required to work abnormal hours, weekends, and certain holidays to meet the needs of the store in support of in-store events, and downtown celebrations/events.
Did we mention you need to have knowledge on comics?
Serves customers by displaying, promoting, and tagging merchandise; receiving and processing payments. Ensures cleanliness of store to include bathroom and trash, straightens and displays products. Assists with in-store events, special holiday events, and downtown celebrations/events. Completes other tasks as assigned independently and in a timely fashion.
* Responsible for managing store inventory management system and keeping accurate record of store inventory.
* Adds products to store’s e-commerce platforms, and manages inventory for these platforms.
* Packages and ships online and phone orders.
* Displays merchandise by stocking shelves, counters, racks, and tables.
* Promotes sales by setting up advertising displays.
* Prices merchandise by stamping, marking, and tagging.
* Restocks shelve as needed, straightens products, and conducts inventorying.
* Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested by customers; receiving merchandise selected by customers.
* Issues bills and receipts by listing and totaling purchases.
* Obtains payments by processing cash, checks, sales discounts, and credit cards.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Assists with running in-store events, and other duties as assigned.
* Will be expected to assist with opening and closing store as needed.
5-6 years of retail experience, with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory or management role.
Extensive comic and pop culture knowledge.
Outgoing personality with ability to talk to and sell products to customers based on their interests.
Proactive, takes initiative, and works without supervision.