This position is for a part-time (15-20 hours) sales associate. The ideal candidate is expected to be available any time during store hours. Schedule will be fixed, but candidate must be available if needed during normal store hours. Availability for special events is a MUST.
Are you a hard-working people person? Would you love to sell comic books, pop culture and games? Then join our team!
This listing is for a part-time sales associate at Wonderland Comics to start, with the possibility of full-time. The ideal candidate must have strong customer service skills and vast knowledge on comics, all varieties of games (table top, CCG, RPG’s, video games, etc…), pop culture, movies and other relevant areas. As a Wonderland Comics sales associate, you will be expected to interface with customers, and assist them with suggesting and finding items within the store relevant to the customers interests and needs.
The job requires ability to handle and count money through processing sales, and responsibility for opening and closing the register, and counting the change bag. Employees are also expected to follow instruction, and complete other tasks as assigned in a timely fashion. Willingness to learn new things and follow through on assigned tasks in a MUST.
Additionally, employees may be required to work abnormal hours, weekends, and certain holidays to meet the needs of the store in support of in-store events, and downtown celebrations/events.
Did we mention you need to have knowledge on comics?
Serves customers by displaying, promoting, and tagging merchandise; receiving and processing payments. Ensures cleanliness of store to include bathroom and trash, straightens and displays products. Assists with in-store events, special holiday events, and downtown celebrations/events. Completes other tasks as assigned independently and in a timely fashion.
* Displays merchandise by stocking shelves, counters, racks, and tables.
* Promotes sales by setting up advertising displays.
* Prices merchandise by stamping, marking, and tagging.
* Restocks shelve as needed, straightens products, and conducts inventorying.
* Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested by customers; receiving merchandise selected by customers.
* Issues bills and receipts by listing and totaling purchases.
* Obtains payments by processing cash, checks, sales discounts, and credit cards.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Assists with running in-store events, and other duties as assigned.
* Will be expected to assist with opening and closing store as needed.
2-3 years of retail experience, to include handling money and ringing out customers.
Extensive comic and pop culture knowledge.
Outgoing personality with ability to talk to and sell products to customers based on their interests.
Proactive, and works with minimal supervision.
|Job Category||Customer Service|